What's new

Odd problem with Software

neilr

Hello everyone I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on a new issue I am having. Alibre has been working great with no problems, until today when I opened a new part to draw up a response (and check to be sure I was right) to a post on here when as I began to draw a circle in 2D mode the origin was selected and when I clicked on the desired center for my circle it created one at the origin with no diameter, though it did offer me a text window to add a dia. the circle was created - just not in the place I wanted it to be. At this piont I could see the origin was "flashing" almost like it was stuck there and selected. anything I draw has to be on the origin and cannot be moved as I get an "over constraint" error.

Any help please.

I did a restart of the computer and that did not help...I fear a reinstall in the near future...

neilr

Support got back to me right away..no surprise there..:) and they solved the issue, it was the snap to grid feature, I had checked it for an item I was working on and that was the problem. I don't normally use snap to grid but should it happen again I will know what do do (that would be uncheck snap to grid ).

Thanks Alibre and specifically Mark!

neilr

Yeah and the real silly thing about it was that I had it set at 12 inch grid for this thing I did last night so it was just going straight to the nearest grid lines hehe. Never do that snap to grid or set a large grid so it was the last thing I could think of hehe. Operator error strikes again.