What's new

Odd surface texture. How do I fix?

bigseb

Alibre Super User
For some reason two surfaces have a very strange surface texture (to the left of the buttons and on the right at the bottom). I don't know why this is. How do I get this to go away?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Cellphone.263.jpg
    Cellphone.263.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 280

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Ok so I remodelled the cell[phone cover from scratch. 1st pic is the model. The 2nd pic shows the rendered part where the strange surface is now in a different place.

Also see the model of the tyre (3rd pic). In alibre it looks fine. In keyshot I get what you see in the 4th pic!!

HELP!! I need to get this working ASAP!!

Attachments

• untitled.280.jpg
    untitled.280.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Front cover.jpg
    Front cover.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 235

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Ok I accidentally deleted that tyre project folder so I can't attach parts but I experimented a bit. Whenever I modelled the tyre using arcs/lines/fillets I got that weird effect in Keyshot. However when I modelled it using splines then keyshot displayed it properly. Very strange. Plus it wouldn't allow me to do anything other than a 'solid' tyre. I couldn't shell it or draw a 'hollowed-out' sketch. That'll probably have to go in a different thread though.

Here is the cellphone cover (re the strange surface texture)

Attachments

• Front cover.AD_PRT
    2 MB · Views: 264

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Open your file with Alibre 12,1,0,12047.
Alibre -> Export -> *.bip
Import with KeyShot V1.9

Screenshot and Alibre *.bip (*.zip) file:

Attachments

• AD-BIP-KS_1_9.png
    AD-BIP-KS_1_9.png
    379 KB · Views: 259
  • Front cover.zip
    179 KB · Views: 249

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Thanks Ralf but as I mentioned in another thread my Alibre is 12044. My Keyshot is 1.9.54. Is there any other way to solve this? Really need to get it sorted.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Yes, as I mentioned in this "another" thread: You can download AD V 12,1,0,12047.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Ok I am now running Alibre Design Version:[ PRODUCTVERSION 13,0,0,13056 ] 32-bit and I still get that weird surface texture!?!?! What is the cause of this?

Attachments

• test1_stp214.7.jpg
    test1_stp214.7.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 191