What's new

Off-Topic: What are you doing for Conficker C?

indesign

Alibre Super User
I think he is saying...Hire a hacker to write a virus. Send the virus to the hacker's buddies. They in turn send the virus via every open system they find. Sell many new version of anti-virus software.

Hacker now has a new job to do. :roll:

hacked system = job security :wink:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I knew that - it was a joke. In this case like you said job security. Like a car repair man watering the road on a cold day; or a dentist that owns a boxing ring.

It seems that Conficker C will remain dormant until one day when its creators wake it. Apparently it was coded so each infected pc can talk to one another with p2p.

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
I've heard of visiting a website like Symantec, AVGFree, ESET, etc. to determine if a computer is infected (if your browser blocks websites and downloads from anti-malware/anti-spyware companies, you're bugged), but is there any other way a Joe Computer-user like me could recognize if a machine is infected with Conficker C or not?

Gave myself a scare the past couple days, AVG Free kept failing to find the update server whenever I opened my laptop. Turned out it was because AVG would search for updates before the WiFi had a chance to connect. Found an option in AVG that makes it wait until the laptop has a strong internet connection before updating.