What's new

Once again: no licence, WAKE UP GM, FIX THIS....

dwc

Alibre Super User
You can't tell me that there is a problem with my Internet connection.
I was immediately able to input my license code and it is working again.
Your licensing code is full of bugs.
No more thumb twiddling, fix this!
Don

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Don,

If your signature is correct and you are still running v17, you might want to update to v2015,0,1 - If I remember correctly, I was told that v2015,0,0 included some bug fixing work on the licensing code. Of course it may not be totally fixed (I still find it very slow at start up on occasions).

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
dwc said:
You can't tell me that there is a problem with my Internet connection.
I was immediately able to input my license code and it is working again.
Your licensing code is full of bugs.
No more thumb twiddling, fix this!
Don

+1
Check for updates is still greyed out :roll:

Kyle

RocketNut said:
Check for updates is still greyed out :roll:

Richard,

Have you contacted support regarding this issue? They will be able to resolve this licensing issue for you.

Kyle

RocketNut said:
I wish to keep my comments about support to myself.

I can empathize with any frustrations you may have encountered with this issue. I believe this is a licensing issue that can be resolved quickly by contacting support. This was also the case with another user which was resolved in a matter of minutes of contacting customer support.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18511&start=15

After contacting customer support please let me know of the incident # and I will be happy to follow up with support until this issue is resolved.

rhjiv

As a v16 user, I wrestle with this every time I start the program - sometimes it comes up licensed in 30secs, mostly 3 minutes and far too often fails, hangs and needs to be reauthorized using the same numbers over again - my start time has been as long as 25 minutes of multiple failed re-authorizations.

If they did in fact "fix" the licensing front end portion of the program, it would stand to reason that users like myself would appreciate have that fix be allowed in a universal upgrade leaving the actual program to operate under the appropriate licensing and upgrades. Handling it in that manner would have a direct increase in user satisfaction providing potential justification of licensing renewal, instead of being faced with a program that is fussy to even start using.

dwc

Alibre Super User
I got the "you haven't called home for 5 days" message this morning.
I used GM both yesterday and the day before while being online.
Just so you guys know the bugs are still in there.
Don

bigseb

Alibre Super User
dwc said:
I got the "you haven't called home for 5 days" message this morning.
I used GM both yesterday and the day before while being online.
Just so you guys know the bugs are still in there.
Don
Was your connection established before or after you started Geomagic Design?

dwc

Alibre Super User
bigseb said:
]
Was your connection established before or after you started Geomagic Design?
In the mean time the wifi is always on (I don't like it, but that's the way it is).
Workflow is always: compi on, check email, start GM.
Don