What's new

Opening drawing session through API

Pls

I'm currently trying to open a drawing session using Geomagic x64 2014 API. I can easily open a part or assembly session using visual basic. Unfortunately this does not apply to opening a drawing session.
Does anybody know how to do this ??? Is the method even implemented into API? From what I see in the API Help this method is not yet implemented.

Thank you

P.S.

As an example that does not find the drawing session to be open even though it is; and should work according to the API help is:

If (sessionObj.SessionType = ADObjectSubType.AD_DRAWING) Then ' Check if the session is a drawing session

'Dim drawing As IADDrawingSession = sessionObj

Debug.WriteLine("A session type drawing was found to be open.")

' Do work on the drawing session here

End If

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User
The community helps support as time allows...

If it doesn't return what you think it should, then what does it return for the session type?

Pls

I sure understand this, same for me. Here is the problem:

Case ADObjectSubType.AD_PART

Debug.WriteLine("A session type part was found to be open.")

Consider a Visual Basic Switch Case condition as you can see in the example above. When checking for a .AD_PART Session I get an answer that a Part session is open i.e. a Part is opened in Geomagic. This work perfectly.
The same applies to a assembly and sheet metal session. However it does not for a drawing session. See the code below that is analog to the one above:

Case ADObjectSubType.AD_DRAWING

Debug.WriteLine("A session type drawing was found to be open.")

Instead of reporting an open drawing session, the API recognizes another part session although a drawing session is opened in Geomagic. Therefore my problem is, that I cannot detect if a drawing session is open or not. :shock: The statement

"Case ADObjectSubType.AD_DRAWING is simply not recognized. Therefore it seems, that the drawing session that was implemented (but does not seems to be working) into the Geomagic API would not be functional or active. Maybe someone knows if this is the case or not? Maybe I'm doing something wrong here...

Thank you

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Not my area of expertise, but I recall statements previously that the API hasn't been extended to supporting the 2D drawing environment. I don't recall seeing anything to say this has changed...

Pls

Thank you David, I recall having read that somewhere. I guess I have to put that on my wish list...

In the meantime I'll have to cope with a workaround :|

Thank you