What's new

Ordinate Dimesion Clean up

kin

Is there a way to auto clean up ordinate dimension?
Meaning go from this:
upload_2018-12-3_13-33-45.png

to this:
upload_2018-12-3_13-34-19.png

without having to individually move the dimensions. I have searched both the help and the forums, but have not found anything on this (or I missed it).

JST

Alibre Super User
You have to move them one by one, as far as I know.... If not, I too would like to know, as it is not covered in the help I have seen.

It would be helpful to be able to stagger them so that not all the numbers are aligned in one line (alternate ones pulled out horizontally in your example). That would allow extra space when they are close together.

You can sort of do that now by doing two sets of dimensions, so that one is pulled out farther to the left, for instance, but aligning the zero points is a problem as they are then on one line, doubled up.

Last edited:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Seems to me the view scale might be small for the details on it. I certainly wouldn't want to trace lines that closer together with my eyes.

JST

Alibre Super User
That's why the leader line offset is offered.

BUT... I do not think you can MOVE the offset, and you cannot stagger the numbers, they are all stacked. It would be good to be able to make the offset move in or out to allow a bit more clarity in just where it is going. Now, if you try to move a number or offset,, the entire set of dimensions moves in or out.

Moving the offset, and/or being able to pull out numbers independently to stagger them would be very useful.

Yes, at SOME point it gets ridiculous, and a close view is needed. Possibly a separate broken view that allows that area to be shown larger..... but keeps the ability to tie the dims to the drawing....

lamar

You can Move the dim. manually, but a real pain. I wish there would be An automated way to do them.

Attachments

• Ordinate Dim..png
    Ordinate Dim..png
    12.1 KB · Views: 13

JST

Alibre Super User
dims example.jpg That is the "offset", where the leader line gets a bend in it so you can stack it under or over the next dim. I mean at right angles, so that there is a double column of dims.

The number is taller than a line, so (for instance) a double column allows the lines for the left hand column to pass between the right hand numbers, and shortens the stack. That makes each leader actually shorter and easier to follow, as opposed to a big "sheaf" of them coming from a tall stack of numbers.

It would look a bit like this example that I kludged up from an existing drawing.

Last edited: