What's new

Package or Zip

DJA

New to Alibre... Atom3D... I have a project (files) that I want to send out. I have part files, a few assembly files, a drawing file, some PDF files and some "jpg" files. All the files are for the same project, and all the files are in the same directory. This will be my first time sending Alibre files out, so am not familiar with the process. What is the best way to go... "Package" or "Zip", or "other". Thanks...

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
If you open the drawing and create a Package file from it then all parts, subassemblies and assemblies related to that drawing will be collected in the package file. Any PDFs or image files will need to be put in a ZIP file.

I think @Lew_Merrick has a process where he puts all files in the same directory and just Zips that to sent out. He can comment further on his process if he reads this.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
And export your files as step too. AD_XXX is a proprietry format so other software can't open AD files. And if the other user is using an older version of AD he/she won't be able to open them either. So step is best.

New to Alibre... Atom3D... I have a project (files) that I want to send out. I have part files, a few assembly files, a drawing file, some PDF files and some "jpg" files. All the files are for the same project, and all the files are in the same directory. This will be my first time sending Alibre files out, so am not familiar with the process. What is the best way to go... "Package" or "Zip", or "other". Thanks...
Hi DJ -- The real question is, "What do you need to do with the files?" A Package File makes sense only if you are sending some portion of a Project to another Alibre user. If you are sending an entire Project to (say) a shop or assembly group, then a ZIP containing "merely" the STEP files and associated PDF's of the Drawings is sensible (if somewhat of a PITA). ??? -- Lew