What's new

Packaging/Boxes/Carton using Sheetmetal Module

fitzbond

Is anyone using the sheetmetal module to create product packaging, cartons etc.? If so do you mind uploading a sample.

Thank you in advance

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Don't know if this is what you had in mind, but here is a carton similar to some that I designed in SW at work.
You have to be careful to not let the flaps touch another part of the carton or it may fail to create the flap or unfold.

Attachments

• folded carton.stp
    422.6 KB · Views: 52
  • folded carton.jpg
    folded carton.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 113

fitzbond

That's perfect for a master carton I don't use sheetmetal so I need to see how it works. Would you have a giftbox type sample a box in which the end product would be in also a sample of detail drawing.

I know I am asking for a lot, thank you what you have already provided.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Can you post a picture of what you are looking for? If I could get a better idea it wouldn't take me long to figure something out.

As for the drawings, at work we leave that to the supplier to work out the flats from the required formed cartons. Mostly what I do is to create the carton so I can produce a drawing to show our assembly folks how the product fit into the folded carton, not so much as a drawing to make the flats.

edit:
I took a few minutes to copy this from a carton I had received a book in. There are configs to switch from open to closed.

Attachments

• foldup carton closed.jpg
    foldup carton closed.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 92
  • foldup carton open.jpg
    foldup carton open.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 93
  • foldup carton.AD_SMP
    1.5 MB · Views: 117

fitzbond

Back from Spring Break thanks for the giftbox example that's what I was looking for I have the 2D detail (unfolded) of a giftbox from a vendor with a few dimensions that I am trying to recreate. I will post one of the detail drawing when I can find one without company marking. Thanks again for your help.

HaroldL said:
Can you post a picture of what you are looking for? If I could get a better idea it wouldn't take me long to figure something out.

As for the drawings, at work we leave that to the supplier to work out the flats from the required formed cartons. Mostly what I do is to create the carton so I can produce a drawing to show our assembly folks how the product fit into the folded carton, not so much as a drawing to make the flats.

edit:
I took a few minutes to copy this from a carton I had received a book in. There are configs to switch from open to closed.

fitzbond

Thank you for your help I now have a base configuration now I'm working on incorporating dimension changes to follow the different stages of the fold process.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 76