What's new

Pan and Zoom not in toolbar?

Hello

I am a new Alibre user, but am experienced in SW. I have installed Atom3D on my laptop and have been doing some exploring and drawing. I would really like to have a zoom and pan option on the toolbar, and from what I can see on the forums and support, it should be possible. However none of the procedures written there seem to work for me. (i.e. for example, if I try the ALT F option I get nothing)

Any ideas?

Pete

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Toolbars are not supported in Atom3D, nor is the menu bar.

Zoom - scroll the mouse wheel. Pan - click and hold middle mouse button (wheel) whilst dragging.

Toolbars are not supported in Atom3D, nor is the menu bar.

Zoom - scroll the mouse wheel. Pan - click and hold middle mouse button (wheel) whilst dragging.

That's disappointing, I kinda figured that zoom and pan would be a standard feature. I'm not worried about the other toolbars so much.

Pete

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Pan and Zoom are standard features, available from the mouse.

Customisable from System options -> All Workspaces -> Mouse Interaction

Yes, I get that. But the majority of my use will be on a laptop, moving from place to place. Don't want to lug a mouse along and try to find a surface for it every time. I know I can do it on the track pad, but it's a bit awkward.

Pete

Just wanted to let you know I found a good solution. I bought a Logitech M570 Trackball mouse. It's a good compromise for me as you don't have to find a good surface to use it, and has all the functionality of a mouse (and more). Still have to lug it around, but it is worth it.

Pete