What's new

Parametrizing arc

I tried to parametrize an arc. Select the center as the origin, done. Select a starting point .. I see an angle displayed, but cannot edit it, nor can I parametrize it. Then the only thing editable and parametrizable is the radius. The arc is there, in orange color. But not listed in the treeview, where the usual components, such as shapes are. Thus I cannot select, and edit it. However, with the cursor clicked on the arc, it turns blue and let me edit the radius, again. Did I overlook something ?
The aim ? A shape from piecewise connected lines and arcs. Eventually to be extruded.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
The arc will become part of the sketch and will be listed in the Design Explorer as Sketch<number>. Individual sketch figures aren't listed.
Have you tried adding dimensions to the start and end points of the arc?

> Have you tried adding dimensions to the start and end points of the arc?
I tried to select an end point an get something editable, I tried to dimension it and could set a distance to a line or a point. But not an angle to a line.

Ex Machina

If you want to edit the angle of the arc you need to add 2 reference lines from each end point to the centre. Then you can dimension the angle of the arc. That and the radius will define the geometry of the arc. But you still need to place it in the coordinate system. You need to do that depending on what you need to achieve. For example, once you do all of the above, dimensioning one of the end points, in any way, will fully define the sketch.

If you need more help let us know, but it is a good idea to watch some training videos from the page Nate linked above.