What's new

Part "Callout" multiple leader not working in V22

danwilley

I have V22 installed. I am trying to add a part callout to a drawing sheet that points to two instances of a part such that the callout has two leaders back to the same callout balloon. I can only get one leader per callout. I read the V22 "help" for Callout that describes how to make two leaders and the process is not working.

V22 help text: "7. Click a figure in a view in a 2D Drawing sheet. A preview of the Callout will be displayed in a blue color. Mouse the mouse cursor to a desired location then click the mouse button to place the Callout. Clicking the button again will create additional lines leading to the Callout."

This multi leader process is working correctly for "Notes" in V22.

Has the process changed for Callout and should I be following some other process than that described in the "help" text? Or is there some system setting I need to set that may have cleared when moving to V22? Or is this a new bug for V22? Or, what am I doing wrong?

Btw... Callout multiple leaders worked in V21.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Dan, I just checked on a drawing and the process you quote from Help is working for me. Remember to select Apply after placing the last leader.

It also works if you place the first leader and callout then select Apply. Then select the callout and from the pop up select Edit then select the additional items to add to the callout. I have noticed a slight lag from when the item is selected to when the leader is created, but that may just be my computer not responding very quickly.

danwilley

Thanks Harold.

I looked into this part callout problem a little bit more. This is what I found...

- Applying multiple leaders to--> parts does work (as described in the help text).
- Applying multiple leaders to--> assemblies does not work. I can place only one leader per callout. I have the assemblies marked (box is checked) as "Treat as part in BOM when used as a sub-assembly."​

All of the parts and assemblies were originally created in V21 so I don't know if this is a V21-->V22 migration issue.
I also don't know if this was an issue in V21. I no longer have V21 installed and so can't test it.

Dan

JST

Alibre Super User
Thanks Harold.

I looked into this part callout problem a little bit more. This is what I found...

- Applying multiple leaders to--> parts does work (as described in the help text).
- Applying multiple leaders to--> assemblies does not work. I can place only one leader per callout. I have the assemblies marked (box is checked) as "Treat as part in BOM when used as a sub-assembly."​

All of the parts and assemblies were originally created in V21 so I don't know if this is a V21-->V22 migration issue.
I also don't know if this was an issue in V21. I no longer have V21 installed and so can't test it.

Dan

It works in V21 for me, placing part ID callouts.

It seems a bit odd somehow when placing weld symbols, the weld symbol gets messed up. I just did them individually last time, and don't recall what was up.

danwilley

Harold,
Does it work properly in V21 when you apply a multi-leader "part callout" to two instances of an assembly... that is marked as a 'part' in the BOM?
Kind of a special case.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
When I have a sub-assembly marked as "Treat as Part" I cannot apply multiple callout leaders to the instances. Each sub-assembly requires its own callout. :confused:

danwilley

Ok, so I wonder if this is working as designed (an oversight), or a bug that is being carried along?

Either way, this is too bad. Many of my drawings are assemblies of sub-assemblies that I am trying to clean up. In one drawing a have a dual leader part callout pointing to two instances of the same part...great! Right next to it I have two single leader callouts pointing to two instances of the same sub-assembly... not so great. Inconsistant and looks kind of sloppy. Yes, I could just make all callouts single leader, but then the drawing gets crowded. I would rather this single-leader problem get fixed.

Dan

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Submit the issue to Support and maybe send along a Package file of a simple example so it gets logged into their system.

danwilley

Ok.. update... I just opened an assembly drawing I completed a few months ago using V21 (different project than the one referenced above) and found a drawing with a dual leader BOM callout pointing to two instances of the same sub-assembly. I just tried (using V22) to add a dual leader callout to the same drawing and same two sub-assembly instances, and could not.

So it seems that not being able to make a multi-leader BOM callout to sub-assemblies is a new bug with V22.