What's new

Part Integrity

pridbor

I'm looking to see if my part is OK and ready to go to 3D printing. I thus tried to
do a "check part" in the "Inspect"/ "Analysis" section and get the result shown below.

The question is, what does it really mean, and if possible, what corrective action can I take?

One observation I have made is that when I upload the ".stl" file to the manufacturer, their SW checks for errors and reports/corrects the encountered errors.
So, there must be something in the file that "they" don't agree with. Unfortunately, they don't show/tell what they found.

Thanks

Prebne

1697410841711.png

pridbor

It's the remainder of the basic box after 2 Fillets. So there should be at least 4 such faces with issues, I would think.

I don't think that it really has any importance, but it would be nice to see if I could get it right before sending anything out.

Thanks

Preben

Attachments

• Spider - V5 - 3.AD_PRT
    2.2 MB · Views: 2

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
A couple things I noticed. Some geometry is not fully defined. In fully defining it I found that the design is nearly symmetrical but not exactly.
since both ends of the arc are 2.3479 from the vertical axis that means the 18.0235 vs 19.724 makes the arc center lower. This can be fixed by simply constraining the arc center to the horizontal axis.
Unfortunately the face error still remained after that.

Edit: Actually by futzing with the fillets by unchecking Tangent Propagate and rechecking it the face error has now disappeared.
I would still suggest sending it to support to look into the cause of the face error.
1697428969805.png

Edit 2: Is it intentional that the Exhaust Sketch<7> is tapered in this area? None of the other revolves are tapered there.
1697430828659.png

Last edited:

pridbor

Symmetry was intended overall, at least in most places!

I was playing around too much with the design that I failed to notice that I had left some sketches undefined.

After fully defining them and correcting the symmetry, all checked out fine.

Thank you both!

Preben