What's new

Part Sketch Disappearing

Dave H

When I sketch a figure (analyzed sketch and it is fine), and go to revolve/extrude, anything to create a solid from the sketch, or do a save, the sketch disappears from the screen. All I see are the planes and axes. I can only get it back by clicking on Edit Sketch again. So if I need to revolve the sketch around anything other than an existing axis I'm out of luck. I can't pick the line to revolve around, because I can't see it! Had no issues with this in AD2012 using this workflow.
BTW, I just updated to the latest and greatest Direct X version.

Any ideas?

TylerDurden

Alibre Super User
If you have added an axis for the revolve, is it higher in the tree (earlier in the history)? If not, it will not be available for the operation.

The sketch or the axis might be able to be moved in the history to allow the revolve.

Dave H

No axis was added. Just wanted to revolve around a centerline that was part of the sketch, but it disappears too. So if I don't place my sketch centered on an existing X, Y, or Z axis, I'm sunk.

EDIT: Just tried to cut a helix and it is impossible also. Insert a reference line for an axis, and it goes away with the rest of the sketch. Absolutely UNUSABLE like this. Considering going back to AD2012!!!!!

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Dave,
Check that your sketch visibility is ON from the Viewing and Analysis Ribbon or from the View Menu or Ctrl+Shift+K.

See if that helps.

TylerDurden

Alibre Super User
I'm still on AD2012 and I don't see a way to revolve using geometry within a sketch. I gotta use an axis or edge of an existing feature.

I can generate a helix with a reference line (within sketch mode), tho.