What's new

part version...

jipeess

part version...

hi all

yesterday i cleaned up the repository from older part versions, and deleted/purged everything except the most recent ones. everything was ok until i found that some of my assys and drawings had crashed and turned into a mess with missing parts and lines etc. i guess some of my assys was linked to older part versions, not updated or whatever...

i thought that the most recent part version will always be the "active" version in an assy...

have i missed something here...?

js

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User

I'm glad I read this, as I was about to do a purge... :shock:

Now I'm rather reluctant to until after I make a snapshot first.

BTW, David, I live just outside of Canandaigua-- well, Canandaigua, Michigan. Ours is just around 400 people, a "blink-and-you-miss-it" kind of town. :wink: Ahh, the country life!

Regards,

Jordan

Bob

I too have this happen. Alibe gives you the opportunity to replace the "missing" part(s) with the same named part that is, lo and behold, still in the repository.

This seems to be a flaw to me. I wonder if V10 will do this replacement automatically since the repositories will be searchable???

We can only wish.

Bob

jipeess

solved..

hi all

no more problems with the strange drawings/missing parts-thing,
just make sure to hit save (or f5 or regenerate) before closing a part, assy, sub-assy or drawing. by doing so, everything will be associated and linked together with up-to-date stuff (i think)

anyway, after doing this, i managed to do a safe purge (and got rid of 95% crap)

js