What's new

Part won't export to a solid

turbo3ltr

At some point this part did work. I exported it no problem and the machine shop imported it with no problem. But I added to it and now it doesn't. I've basically deleted everything I added and I'm back way before the last working export, but it still doesn't work.

If I run the Check Part tool, even on High accuracy, it comes back with zero errors. But if I export it to a stp, or igs file, alibre itself won't import it (crashes), and my other programs import it with geometry that is incorrect. I tried exporting as a parasolid and Alibre came back with an error saying the input geometry is bad or something like that.

I don't know what else to do here and I'm trying to get it to the machine shop.. Any ideas??

-Mike

Attachments

• MTPA 1B.AD_PRT
    681 KB · Views: 10

weppler

I loaded your AD_PRT file into 2012.052...seemd OK.

Alibre CRASHES when I try to export it to either 203 or 214 flavor of .STP.
Export to .IGS and then re-importing it also results in a bad part (63 vertices not OK???)
I can also confirm import failure of your .igs & .stp files.

Translate has been marginal at best for me.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi turbo3ltr,

Your part was created with Alibre V12.1 (12,1,0,12044)
and you have used a "strange" modeling technique.
For example, the "Helical Boss" features: <5> and <15> Sketch <21>.

turbo3ltr

Ralf, I see you post here a lot so I don't want to doubt your knowledge, but as far as I knew, that was the way the tutorial explained how to do helical bosses. Would you be so kind as to explain why what what I did is strange?

I also see I uploaded the wrong part file. I mean it has the problem, but I have a much more stripped down version that still doesn't work.

At this point I'm thinking of just recreating it from scratch.