What's new

Parts go missing in plain sight in 2D drawings.

mrehmus

In version 11 (I am now on 11.2 but this happened in 11.1 too) I have made some very complex (lots of parts) drawings. Twice now, upon opening one of these drawings, AD has asked me to 'replace' missing elements. Except the elements are not missing but are in plain sight. AD will not allow me to reidentify the parts, it just ignores them.

In once case, a 2-page drawing with a BOM, it complains that the BOM is missing when it is not. With this particular drawing set, while it will open the drawing, I cannot do anything to the drawing at that point. I've redrawn it again and the same thing happened.

Any ideas how to fight this?

indesign

Alibre Super User
It sounds a little like permissions in windows. What OS are you running? What files system (vault or WFS)? What location are the files saved to (local, vault, desktop, network)?

Try from withen the drawing do a save all as And select a new location for all using the icon at the top. Save to a local base directory (not to the desktop but a root directory).

Now open the new drawing to see if it gives the same error.

mrehmus

Turns out Support has escalated the problem to development so I guess it is a real problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Wfs, XP Pro release 3 files saved to local disk.

indesign

Alibre Super User
Most of my files are located on a file server and I have yet to run across this error. We have XP pro on the CAD system and the server system.