What's new

PDF Creator not working

Good morning all, I downloaded PDF Creator from Alibre site and installed it, but when I try to create from the part environment, I get a warning 'Required libraries for publishing cannot be initialized' and the PDF creator program stops.
Any thoughts?
Thanks and regards,

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
PDF Creator is used for creating PDFs of 2D drawings. You should use the 'Publish to PDF' function for 3D parts.

'Publish to PDF' is the button I pushed, I thought it was PDF Creator that did the publishing.
Does the publish to PDF use a different application that I haven't installed?
I tried the 'publish 3d pdf of the model in html' button with same error message.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The Publish to PDF is built in to Alibre - doesn't require add-ons (PDF Creator or otherwise).

Not sure on the error you got - possible thoguhts

1. was Alibre installed from account with Admin rights - not sure how significant but can affect some things.
2. try uninstall, re-boot, re-install - whilst at it make sure you have the latest build ('59).

OK tried that, no difference. It is the latest build 59.
Thanks anyway, I don't have enough time to spend on it at the moment.
I'll try again later when things slow down.

natram1

Having a problem with a drawing i created and i am trying to make it into a PDF and it says PDF creator not found what should i try next????

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You could try installing PDF Creator ??? Link available on Alibre downloads page.

robf

natram, I had this same problem. I don't want to try the following in case I screw mine up again, but from memory ...

If you reinstall PDFCreator, it will advise that an installation already exists and needs to uninstall it.
All appears well but the app still can't be found.
The way round it for me was to use the Windows uninstaller (control panel), and then install PDFCreator.

For what it's worth, the path of my install is ..."C:\Program Files (x86)\PDFCreator\PDFCreator.exe"

Rob