What's new

PE 12.1 to Keyshot?

Rikk

A friend uses Keyshot in his work and I finally talked him round to doing a couple of renderings for me but I cant seem to find a way to get my PE files to him in a readable format.
Is there a way I can get Keyshot readable files to him from PE, either directly or from a converter of some description?
Or if it's a no go at all, can anyone recommend a free/cheap alternative I can use myself?

Thanks

............Rikk

Fx.CAD

to export a file for KeyShot: export file -> select KeyShot File (*.bip)

-Free rendering method: by using one of the Spiked3D plugins (collada export or PovRay export) please have a look at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11164&start=0
- Affordable rendering softwares: SimLab Composer at $149 (will only work if Alibre PE can export 3D PDF's), KeyShot for Alibre coming soon at $199, hovewer I don't know if this offer will be available to PE users...

Ralf

Alibre Super User
(will only work if Alibre PE can export 3D PDF's),

SimLab Composer:

3D Import
Windows® und MAC OS®

- SketchUp - V7,
- Rhino - V4,
- STEP,
- IGES,
- Collada,
- 3D PDF,
- 3D XML - CATIA,
- FBX - 2010.2 ,
- Wavefont *.obj,
- 3DS,
- DXF,
- U3D,
- STL,
- DWG,
- SolidWorks 2010 (Windows)

3D Export
Windows® und MAC OS®

- 3D PDF,
- U3D,
- Wavefont *.obj,
- FBX,
- Collada,
- STL (ASCII and binary),
- BIP (KeyShot)
- OSG

Rikk

Thanks guys, after digging around in the links you posted I stumbled on blender and am having a play with that.
£100+ for something that's just for fun isn't really practical and as Blender is free, it's just the right price ;)

Fx.CAD

@Ralf3: As you certainly know, if someone buys Alibre PE (I'm not speaking of PE users who have extended export because they bought standard), 3D export possibilities from Alibre PE are rather limited (probably *.bip and 3D PDF, STL). That's why I was speaking of 3D PDF... I'm well aware of fair amount of file formats Composer imports since I'm using this software... :D

Rikk

There is no .bip export in PE, hence why I was having a problem otherwise would have been easy.