What's new

pesky assembly problem

BrianE.Evans

I have a not very big, but complex assembly going.
Upon saving then later reopening the files, I find that the parts have shifted slightly.
In order to put them back where they belong I have to remove the constraints. I re constrain the parts ,save and close the file, to find they have moved slightly when the part is re opened. what am I doing wrong?
Brian Evans.

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Hi.

I wonder if you could attach your assembly here so we could investivate the issue.
Or if you could reproduce it with simpler assembly, then you don't have to show your specific assembly in public.

Note: you would better export it as Alibre.step so the whole assembly would be bundled together.

Cheers.

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
Off the wall, but click the assembly regenerate icon (also before you save and close) - let us know if it helps.

This will also notify you if a constraint is invalid (italics only when this happens, is not always easy to see).

BrianE.Evans

Ok I will try regenerating before I close. I cannot show you what I am doing yet, I am working under a non disclosure agreement.

Brian.

BrianE.Evans

Today just for kicks and grins, I went on line and looked for and downloaded the latest driver for my Nvidia card.
The video action during assembly is now much smoother and the wierd shift problem is much reduced. I am still regenerating before saving .

I noticed another post related to a similar problem and the author mentioned that he had been using Boolean subtraction.
I have not used that , but I have used boolean join on some of my parts. I wonder if there is a relationship here?
Brian Evans.