What's new

photorender 8.2 fewer choices?

cdub

photorender 8.2 fewer choices?

I seem to remember having a material option of "Cast Bronze" or "Cast Brass" in the past version of photorender.

It appears to have gone away.

Does anyone else have this?

MilesH

Alibre Super User

Which version do you have?

I don't remember this - it's certainly not in my Industrial Pack materials.

Miles

cdub

version

I'm on the latest and greatest, V8.2. I also had to reinstall photorenderer to get it to work.

cdub

photorenderer

I'm on Standard Photorenderer.

My license is Alibre Design Professional, and I haven't upgraded anything.

jwknecht

Alibre Super User
Re:

MikeHenry said:
It looks like Lightworks may have some downloadable materials here:

http://www.lightworks-user.com/

Registration seems to be required to download, but I don't know if that entails any cost.

Anybody here tried some of the materials?

Mike

Yes, I have downloaded several of the free ones. They work fine. What you do lose upon upgrades is the link in your photorender to your already downloaded materials (and you have to relink them). Don't know if "link" is the correct term.... how they show up in your customized area. Wish the link to the downloaded materials did not disappear with each upgrade. Does everyone else have this happen too?

siggy

I've used several of Lightworks free libraries also - they seem to work just fine.

They also offer a number of materials libraries that say they need "Architectural Functionality" which PhotoRender apparently doesn't support. As usual, those are the very libraries that have the materials I need. I wonder if that functionality is something we might get in some future version? Hint, hint, hint...

cdub

cast brass

Thank you for the link to the lightworks libraries. I was able to get some of them to work. I noticed to that the ones requiring Archectural Functionality didn't work.

I've posted a screen grab of the texture I used to have. I looked quite nice.....

See the binaries post "cast brass"

siggy

You can get a very similar texture by combining the Bronze material along with a rough surface texture. I just tried it but the default turned out a bit rougher than the pic you posted. However, I set the Editor to Advanced, went to the Displacement tab and adjusted the scale and amplitude. After doing all of this I got something that looked almost identical to what you posted.

Once you get it all set up the way you want you can then save the new material spec for use in the future.

Robert

Attachments

• Disk Size.jpg
    Disk Size.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2