What's new

Photorender, Design Check

barrykingwill

Photorender:

I tried extracting the suggested ZIP into the /Alibre 2011/programs/add on, and that worked for my desktop (XP), but when I tried it on a 2nd PC (running Win7), it gives an error about requiring a valid licence?

Please advise

PS That 2nd PC is running ALibre 2011 successfully so clearly its licence is valid. (It is also listed as a licence in My Accounts on the Alibre Site.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Double check the name of the folder that the extracted files are in. Depending upon you unzip package, there are behaviour differences between the various unzip options, if the folder name isn't right, or an extra folder level has been created it won't work.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
barrykingwill said:
Photorender:

I tried extracting the suggested ZIP into the /Alibre 2011/programs/add on, and that worked for my desktop (XP), but when I tried it on a 2nd PC (running Win7), it gives an error about requiring a valid licence?

Please advise

PS That 2nd PC is running ALibre 2011 successfully so clearly its licence is valid. (It is also listed as a licence in My Accounts on the Alibre Site.
Hi barrykingwill,

The problem is:
On your XP computer was Alibre V12.1 and Alibre Photorender -> No problem, because a special "file/license was stored"

On your 2nd PC (running Win7 ) -> fresh install AD 2011 and Alibre PhotoRender-> this "old/ special V12.1 file/license" is missing.

Workaround for your 2nd PC:
- Call your Reseller/Support
- He can "Switch back" your Alibre Account to 12.1
- Uninstall AD 2011 on your 2nd PC
- Install and activate V12.1 again
- Install Alibre PhotoRenderer

(Now the special "file/license was stored/created)

Uninstall V12.1

- Call your Reseller/Support
- Switch your Alibre Account to 2011
- Install AD 2011
- Extracting the suggested ZIP into the /Alibre 2011/programs/add

Sorry for my poor English skills.