What's new

PhotoRender with Alibre 2011

barrykingwill

Many thanks. Seems like a lot of trouble to have to reinstall the older version of Alibre along with getting your licence rolled back, so I decided to try Keyshot, seeing as though Photorender is being phased out.

I have only tried Keyshot in Demo mode and on two models. The one it imported ok....I don't know the tricks to get a quality render...in fact it looked quite poor, HOWEVER I have seen the demo files that show good quality rendering.

I then tried another model. A more complicated assembly and imported it via STEP format, and Keyshot went about destroying it, ie disassembling it. It was a complete mess.

I then obtained my licence file for Keyshot, but every time I enter it, it merely says it cannot connect to the server at this time. I have tried a number of times (and all of those times my internet connection was live)

Perplexed.....

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
One thing to remember about KeyShot is that it is always rendering. If you let the image sit for a while it will progressively get better over time. Some call that "cooking" the image.

If you are exporting STEP files out of Alibre for use in KeyShot you may have some difficulty getting it to import STEP files without destroying them. In Alibre use the .BIP format for exporting your files. BIP files are native to KeyShot and will open without any problems, at least they have for me.