What's new

Physical properties

beastro

Hi Berthold -- Which is why I maintain fully formed Libraries of all types of Fasteners I use. -- Lew

Excellent idea! I have to admit that over the years my project collection has become rather messy and future projects would benefit from that type of organisation.

Excellent idea! I have to admit that over the years my project collection has become rather messy and future projects would benefit from that type of organisation.
Hi Berthold -- To be clear, my Spanish is nearly non-existant [Jola, dos litros cervesa por favor.] and, as with most Americans English is my only fluency. However, should it help you, I would be happy to do a GoToMeeting with you and show you my approach. I am located in a GMT-7 time zone (i.e. US Pacific Time Zone). I am typically "awake & human" between 1400 GMT and 0400 GMT. If there is a time & date that would work for you e-mail it to me at tangent@olympus.net and I will set-up an invite for you. -- Lew

beastro

Hi Berthold -- To be clear, my Spanish is nearly non-existant [Jola, dos litros cervesa por favor.] and, as with most Americans English is my only fluency. However, should it help you, I would be happy to do a GoToMeeting with you and show you my approach. I am located in a GMT-7 time zone (i.e. US Pacific Time Zone). I am typically "awake & human" between 1400 GMT and 0400 GMT. If there is a time & date that would work for you e-mail it to me at tangent@olympus.net and I will set-up an invite for you. -- Lew
Hi Lew,

That is very kind of you, thank you very much! I am in a middle of a project right now and I'll be grateful to take you up on your offer in case I hit some more walls along the way.
In the mean time, I will adopt your system of keeping a tight data vault of the recurring parts and fasteners.

Kind regards

That is very kind of you, thank you very much! I am in a middle of a project right now and I'll be grateful to take you up on your offer in case I hit some more walls along the way.
Hi Berthold -- Non-problem. My e-mail is "up" as long as I am. I have done GoToMeeting's with people (pretty much) around the globe and, other than (shall we say) "language issues," I have only has "problems" in areas with poor internet connections. -- Lew

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Note to users of Stefan's script to change material.

Going forward (v22), the material name that is set MUST match a name in the materials libraries. It will no longer be possible to independently set density (that will be taken from the material library). Script doesn't yet have the ability to query the materials library to either offer options, or to check validity of typed entries.

Last edited:

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello David,

nice warning.
The script checks the Version of Alibre and the Version of the script engine and will give you an appropiate warning if you will run it on a different version!
The next is, that the material access is already mentioned in This post...
So if V22 will be released sometime in the future...i've said, that i'm going to look on it.

Regards
Stefan

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Stefan - the warning wasn't meant as a criticism.

I've tried out your script in v22 - materials assignment does work, as long as the name matches an available library material.
Yes I saw the warnings about version, there's still useful stuff that I can 'borrow' from the script, and use in v22.

The density setting attempt gives an error now.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Stefan,

Just had confirmation - Script will be updated to be able to query the materials library - but not for v22.