What's new

Pic box enlarging

Earl53

Getting too old to be looking at a pic box that I have a hard time seeing. How can I enlarge the pic box?

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Getting too old to be looking at a pic box that I have a hard time seeing. How can I enlarge the pic box?
Have you tried adjusting the 'Ease of Access' options in Windows? ...

upload_2021-2-9_14-14-54.png

If this is not what you are meaning, can you show the specific item (screen capture) that you need to see better.

Earl53

I could do that but I was hoping to just enlarge the pic box. In Auto CAD there was a way of making ll your settings before making a drawing. I use the Atom 3D as a hobbyist.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
We are guessing what you mean when referring to 'pic box' - please be more specific about what it is you want to magnify, and in which workspace or dialogue.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Be careful that you don't set the Pick Box too large. Mine defaulted to 5 mm and it was a challenge to select the correct point when several are close together. Reducing it to 1.5 is better.

Another thing you might try is getting a pair of reading glasses that you can wear while working on your CAD projects. I have a pair of 2.0 diopter readers and they do help but be aware of the reading distance (your eyes to the monitor) to get the right diopter strength for you.

Earl53

Thanks guys. I don't think I have the option to change it. I looked in the Options and my version doesn't have all of what you're showing but I'll look again.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Atom3D does have the option to change the snap distance, from v22. Earlier versions don't have the snap distance settings.