What's new

Pixelated Text in 2D-Drawings (V2011 ...56)

cadtec

Hello

I have compared both versions (12.1 vs 2011) and have found out that the quality of the Fonts became worse in 2D-Drawings. The Text is much more pixelated in V2011 rel. 56. The anti-aliasing setting on the videocard does improved nothing. Some of our customers (with rel. 56) has the same problem. Can anybody help?

Best regards
CADTEC (Switzerland) GmbH
André Hurler
http://www.alibre.ch

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Andre,

The fix to 2D drawings was for the PDF publishing operation. It has nothing to do with pixelation while zoomed into a 2D drawing inside Alibre Design. The fix is visible only when looking at a 2D PDF file.

Max

cadtec

Hi Max

The problem concerns the output on the monitor (Screen), not the PDF. If you start V12 and V2011 on two PC's with the same configuration, you can see that the V2011 is worse thant v12...

Best regards, André

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Andre,

Unfortunately this is not something that can be addressed in 2011.

Max

A

Anonymous

Max said:
Andre,

Unfortunately this is not something that can be addressed in 2011.

Max
I believe you are mistaken in 2011 59 this issue has been addressed. See attached PDF generated with vector text created in 2011.

Attachments

• New Drawing (1).pdf
    4 KB · Views: 63

cadtec

Yes I know... but I mean not the PDF-Problem. The quality becomes worse in 2D-Drawing on the Screen concerning the V12.1. According to zoom level the quality is worse than in V 12. -> (Again: the problem is not the output on PDF or Printer. The problem is only on the screen.)

A

Anonymous

cadtec said:
Yes I know... but I mean not the PDF-Problem. The quality becomes worse in 2D-Drawing on the Screen concerning the V12.1. According to zoom level the quality is worse than in V 12. -> (Again: the problem is not the output on PDF or Printer. The problem is only on the screen.)
My mistake sorry

Max

Administrator
Staff member
As I said, the screen issue will not be fixed for 2011. It is a little worse, but it isn't really bad. I know it would be better if it was anti aliased and always very smooth, but it is not an option right now. 13059 is the final build and we are moving on to future developments.

Max