Alibre Super User
Pixellated Display on ATI Radeon card

I'll try this one again.

Attachments

• DC Motor Adapter Plate.jpg
    DC Motor Adapter Plate.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 3,820

cherkey

Yeah, I've seen that in the recent past..not lately tho. Just figured it was flukey behavior...nothing to really freak out about.....Minimize/Maximize window and all was well...
Chris

Mibe

Alibre Super User

I had that problem a long time ago, with my Nvidia 4600. That was an hardware error and a replaced card fixed it...

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User

Prior to AD 8.2, I could get around the pixellation (artifacts?) by either maximising the display or by turning on software emulation. Those options disappeared with 8.2. Coincidentally (or maybe not) my system started screwing up the text in my browser and a few other Windows programs.

Replacing the ATI card with a BFG NVidia GeForce 6800 GT OC card resolved all those problems, but now drawing windows are all messed up. Looks like other people have had similar problems with NVidia cards, so I'll be looking to see what can be done about that.

This is getting pretty frustrating.

Mike

Mibe

Alibre Super User

On thing that some users have experienced is that if there are only one (1) row of toolbars the display gets messy. If there are two rows (2) or more it works ok!

Have you tried that?

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User

Nope - I've tried it with 2 rows of tool bars and 3 rows just now with no joy. I'd hoped to change some display driver settings and report back then, but have been too busy to do that.

It only seems to affect some drawings and not others, though. About 1 out of 5 so far and it may have something to do with annotated text.

I figure that the updated Nvidia driver due near the end of the month as reported elsewhere here may fix it and I'm limping by until then.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Mike

jreynolds

I have an ATI FireGL V3100 video card and I was having that problem, but I found that if I turned the team design toolbar on my display would do fine. I turn it off and and the modeling and drawing space goes bonkers.
Jim