What's new

Plotter printing error

Marco-IT

Hi everyone,
I have a problem.
I was trying to print a drawing on the plotter but the error message that I have attached comes out.

The plotter works correctly even if it is very old.
I print with all the other programs (Word, Excel, Autocad etc), but I just can't with Alibre.

The popup window closes instantly, it doesn't have a few seconds left to process the print as it happens with a normal printer.

Do you have any advice?
Does it happen to others?

Thank you

Attachments

• print error.jpg
    print error.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 22

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Check on the computer, are there any networked printers/plotters installed which are no longer physically present (removed or powered off) ? If so uninstall them.

Not sure if that is your issue, but it is a known issue with printing, so best to check that first.

Marco-IT

Before asking here on the forum I tried everything.

The PC is brand new and I have only installed a printer and plotter.

With all other print programs, it is only Alibre that is the problem, so I assume it is not 100% compatible.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
What is the plotter? All printing by Alibre is done through Windows. Is there a current Windows driver for the plotter?

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Marco,

The printer/plotter, needs a current Windows 10/11 driver with the actual .NET version, also the print server.
Please check:
Create a 2D PDF and then you can print the PDF with the (old) plotter.

Marco-IT

I had found the alternative solution by saving the table in dwg and printing it with another program.

Your solution is also helpful.

I reckon we'll buy a new plotter.

Thanks for your help.