What's new

Polygons and Instruction...

silver2row

Hey Everyone,

Today, I tried to make a six sided polygon on the Sketch side of things. I tried via these commands: https://help.alibre.com/articles/#!...gures-polygons-creating-and-deleting-polygons

I figured it would be easy to set the polygon via circle but for some reason, Alibre Atom3D is not allowing me to set up the polygon from the polygon option.

Seth

P.S. Is there something I am missing? I mean...I tried before making the circle. I tried after making the circle. I tried just using the option to make the polygon by itself too.

silver2row

Scratch whatever I said! I got it! "I got it..."

So, it did not do exactly what was expected. I made the six sided polygon with the chamfers. The interior threading is probably more in depth than I currently understand. Please view the photo.

Seth

P.S. Oh! The photo:

Polygon_Nut_One.jpg

Last edited:

silver2row

Right and A-Okay, I figured this much. I need to not chamfer the nut probably or at least make a less-of-an-impact on the chamfer. Or...no chamfer at all will do too.

Seth

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If you study a nut carefully, you'll see it doesn't have conventional chamfers. The file herewith shows an approach which approximates to a realistic nut. The method used in the modelling should be fairly clear.

Attachments

• Dummy Nut.AD_PRT
    334.5 KB · Views: 10