What's new

Possible bug - can not change font size of drawing notes.

bolsover

I'm not sure if this is just me being 'special' or if it is a bug.
I'm working up some drawings to be used as illustrations in some documentation and found that I can't change the font size for any of the notes in drawings. Seem to be fixed at 9 point.
Can someone check the attached - can you change the font size for any of the notes?
If the answer is no, I'll report as a bug.
Thanks, David

Attachments

• Points on external spur or helical tooth.AD_DRW
    250 KB · Views: 6

Ex Machina

Hey David,

Since you've already written your note you need to select everything in the textbox (Ctrl+A) and then change the Font Size. Otherwise the new font will only apply to new things that you write.

I tested it and it works.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
What @Ex Machina said does work - but I've also had it not apply correctly with things selected.

I think the entire note editor should be reworked with regards to font size. If you ever do anything large 1:1 scale for exporting you will find it impossible to read anything because the text size required to be visible on the drawing then is too large to see a word in the textbox.

BigKahunaFL

This should probably be in a separate thread but in addition to what is mentioned here, I would like to see the same text editor functionality applied/available to dimensioning. "Text Before" and/or "Text After" are nice, but what about text alignment (left. right. CENTERED), or decoration (bold, italic, and/or underlined)?