What's new

Possible to mirror a part(s) in an assembly?

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Is it possible to mirror one or more parts in an assembly? I gather not, from a search here, but figured it wouldn't *hurt* to get it confirmed.

Mike

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Thanks for confirming. I've added my 2 remaining votes to the list (which is over 400 right now).

In case anyone from GM or 3DS is reading, this is one of those enhancements that I would find a lot more useful than 3D printing features.

wazzu83

When presented with a similar need, I have used the Circular Pattern tool with count set at 2 equally spaced (180°). It may require the addition of an axis in the work space. See attached example of a simple flange as part of a project that I did a few months ago.

Attachments

• 4200138-2 LOWER FLANGE.stp
    57.4 KB · Views: 7
Mike -- If you have a version of Geomagic that allows Configurations, you merely create a Configuration in which the part in question is scaled to create the mirror you desire. If you do not have a version that allows Configurations, then you create a second part where the geometry from the original part is Boolean Added to your workspace and then scaled to create the appropriate mirror. You will need to name the second part appropriately as any edit to the original part will be passed along to your mirrored part.