What's new

Print Drawings option in Repository

sbenzie

Print Drawings option in Repository

I use the repository for storing of our companies approved drawings, in an orderly manor.

Quite comonly I have to print these drawings off repeatedly for manufacturing.

It would be nice to be able to right click on a drawing file in the repository and select print, thus saving time and not having to open the drawing file each time.

Maybe there is an easy way I not aware off or someone think`s it a silly idea ......

Regards,
Scott

p.s. this goes along with searching for keywords in the repository would be bliss !!!

moyesboy

Alibre Super User

The repository can hold all types of files.
Would it help to have a pdf print of your drawing in the repository?

sbenzie

The idea was to be the same as the WFS, i.e. you can right click on a pdf item, word document etc and print straight from the icon before having to open the file.

I just tried depositing a pdf file into the repository and you don't get any print option.

The idea is to save time when having to print hant manufacture drawings [which can take a while when you have to open multiple drawing files on alibre to print], thus making the server repository a primary tool for somewhat controling your drawigs.

Regards,
Scott

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

I had suggested this to Alibre a long time ago.

It would be so nice if you could select a bunch of drawings, right click and let them all print. Its such a waste of time to have an engineer spend 1 hour just printing drawings.

Thanks for suggesting this James :D

jreynolds

I agree Gaspar, in Autocad you can highlight a number of drawings and hit plot. That would be a great addition to what Alibre already offers. Most of my assemblies are running upwards of 55 detail drawings and it does take a lot of time having to open each one in order to plot.

cclark440

Alibre Super User

I am going to jump on this bandwagon too.
I can't tell you how much time I have spent opening drawings just to print them.

YES!!!! After being up until the wee hours of the morning last night to get a full set printed, I would love to have a batch print utility.

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Last week a client called us (and other suppliers) to a meeting in order to "scold" us becuase a lot of projects delivered to them still don't have engineering drawings submitted.

We owe them a ton of drawings and I've been wondering how are we going to handle all the time needed to print them to PDF.

It would be great to have this feature added by the end of the month.... (dreaming costs nothing) :D

dinsmoor

What they said

I have worked in places where it was necessary to just print off a bunch of files. It's tedious to open up and print them. This would be nice to be able to batch print from the repository.