What's new

Print Scaling Bug

domcm

I was hoping someone could confirm this bug for me, particularly if you have an 11 x 17 printer.

When I print a drawing that is larger than the printer paper size (e.g. D size on 11 X 17 paper) and select the “scale to fit” option, the drawing is not scaled correctly to fit the paper size – it is printed too small with a large white border. See attached.

Steps to reproduce:
(Note that the steps below assume an 11 x 17 printer but the same problem occurs if you use Microsoft Print to PDF or Adobe Acrobat and select an 11 x 17 paper size)

1) Create a drawing with a D size template
2) Select File > Print
3) Select printer
4) Select “Properties”
5) Select “Advanced”
6) Select “Tabloid/11x17” paper size
7) Select “Current Sheet”
8) Select “Scale to Fit” option
9) Select OK

Note that drawing is scaled incorrectly and prints with an overly large white border.

Attachments

• print_scaling_bug.png
    print_scaling_bug.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 17

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I just tested on my Epson WF-7610 using the Alibre default D-size format and get the same results in the Print Preview. I even tried the Scaling option to 75% and it did not allow that - still presented with a large border around the drawing border.

And in case anyone needs to know; my printer driver is up to date, I get pestered with an update dialog for it every time I want to print anything.

hjliii

As a possible work around, have you tried creating a PDF of the drawing sheet and then printed the PDF using whatever scale to fit options are available from the PDF viewing application.

domcm

@HaroldL

Thanks so much for confirming the issue. I have contacted Alibre support and they are working the issue.

As @hjliii mentions, the workaround is to create a PDF using the Alibre built-in PDF writer and then print using Acrobat or other PDF viewer.