What's new

Printer problems

CANON MX 490
ALIBRE PROFESSIONAL

Will not print a part with this printer. Within the script library it has printed the gear sample. It has printed a BOM sample included with the software. It will print a Word document. It will not print the flange sample. The Alibre was licensed about 2 days ago so it so it should be current.

I hear a click then a page of paper passes through as a blank sheet.

Help appreciated

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
There are some print issues for some users with the new graphics pipeline. Simplest method to workaround until this is resolved is to revert to legacy display whilst printing - System Options -> Display -> General : check box for 'Use Legacy Display' then re-start Alibre.

Legacy display doesn't support all the new features in v2019.

There is a Service Pack planned - that is contingent on an update being supplied by a technology partner. Hopefully it'll resolve the bulk of remaining issues that have shown up with v2019.

I applied legacy and shut the program. Nothing changed. I shut the whole computer down, Restarted. I was able to print a template I made and was saved as a drawing. Now we are one step closer. To print a part is not happening . It just feeds a sheet of paper through.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Printing part workspaces has been problematic with Canon printers for ages. You can export as JPEG and then print from image handling software.