What's new

Printing in Alibre Design Expert 64 win7

doug_h

I have been unable to print from expert 64 in Win7. Printing from any other application works fine but from Alibre the printers act as if they will print do all the winking etc but appear to time out and then stop as if it finished.

A

Anonymous

doug_h said:
I have been unable to print from expert 64 in Win7. Printing from any other application works fine but from Alibre the printers act as if they will print do all the winking etc but appear to time out and then stop as if it finished.
Please try updating your printer drivers to the latest driver Alibre printing is different from other applications and sometimes even though other programs work Alibre will need the latest driver to work. You can also print to PDF then print that PDF out as a work around in the meantime.

Andrew Roth

I ran across the same thing yesterday using 32 bit expert build .059. I Upgraded My printer driver, but that did not help.
Parts and Assemblies print a blank page.
2D Drawings work fine (thank god).

I sent an incident report yesterday and for the time being I have just published to a PDF and printed from there.

Maybe it's some kind of new ink saving feature? :lol:

Andrew Roth

Support Was not able to reproduce this. Next step was to send them system info. I am going to try another printer today.
If that doesn't work I'll try a reinstall.

bobster

I am printing with no problems, Alibre Design Expert, 64 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium, Epson 1400 Photo.
This is a new install on a HP pavillion Laptop

albie0803

Alibre Super User
I have professional 64 on Win 7
The new office multifunction printer prints these sorts of views fine, the old one in my office in the workshop does not. Go figure. It must be some kind of driver issue. The old one is PCL5 where I think the new one is PCL6

Andrew Roth

Support has confirmed this to be a problem on some printers.
I have found No cannon printer(tried 3) that will work and 1 of 3 Hp Fails also
Tested an old laptop that had ver 12 and all printers worked so this is a .net porting problem since 2011 is .net.
I have had the same problem testing some vb6 to .net programs I am working on.
All in all Cad is tough but Damm try writing that cad program.
We will have to live with this till maybe :) next version.