What's new

Problem with callouts...

jroy

Hi Alibre developers,

I ran into a problem with callouts this weekend after I modified and at last created a new part for a special design I'm working on. It all started after Alibre design froze while I was chamfering something on a newly created part to replace the one I was unhappy with. Look at the attached picture and you'll know what I'm refering to, number '9' is not in the drop list anymore. Nomatter what I do, reset the user profile, deliting the callouts that were allready created and that worked fine on the first creation, uninstalled Alibre and reinstalled it. Number '9' is no longer in the dropdown list. I'm including a package for you guy's to look at. Hopefully you will fix that problem somehow, cause I'm out of ideas on how to continu here.

Have a nice day,

Attachments

• Callout problems.png
    Callout problems.png
    268.4 KB · Views: 26
  • VibroTactile.AD_PKG
    4.4 MB · Views: 2

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure why you inserted a table rather an a BoM view - seems like a lot more work.

jroy

Thanks David, a table was probably more work at the time but was easier to create, for me that is. I'll try with a BOM next time.

Jocelyn,

jroy

Well, trying with a BOM and well, how do you get rid of all the multiples bearings that are part of the 2 ball bearing assemblies in the draft?
Also, it seems impossible to reorder the rows created in the BOM. Now you see why I went with a table instead. Think I'll just delete the table and start a new one...UGH.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Set the check-box for the bearing assembly file 'treat as part in BoM when used as sub-assembly'.

jroy

Hi again David, where do I find that check box actually, it is not in the config file of the assembly?
Now after deleting the table I was able to do all the callouts but now the table option is greyed out, why?
Looks like my learning curve will be steeper than I anticipated. ;-)

simonb65

Alibre Super User
where do I find that check box actually, it is not in the config file of the assembly
In the sub-assembly, select 'File' ...

1642439300532.png

Then 'Properties' ...

1642439196486.png

Then in 'General', check 'Treat as part in BOM when used as a subassembly' ...

1642439245719.png

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
To re-order rows in BoM, simply drag them into the order you want, then use data -> re-sequence to get the numbers in correct order.

Not sure what you mean about Table option being greyed out. It wasn't for me when I deleted table in your drawing. Perhaps you actually mean something else...

jroy

Thanks for the answer Simon and David. No David I had to leave Alibre and reenter it to see and use the table option again, now it all works out. I'll practice creating a BOM some other time, I promise.

Thanks again to youu two.

Jocelyn,