I am trying to save this top level assembly and keep getting this error

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 39

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Check in Task Manager for any other Alibre instances which might be running.

WillB

No I am just trying to re-save an edit to the file.I did a save as and it worked but now if I open that file and edit it I get the same error.

WillB

I did a save as to a new location and it worked but now if I open that file and edit it I get the same error.

idslk

Alibre Super User
May a freeware unlocker will do the job...
It can occour that a program (not only Alibre!) gets "closed" by error and is not able to release the file which was last open...
Regards
Stefan

idslk

Alibre Super User
I assume you have done a cold start...
Have you tried Process Explorer to identify the program which locks the file?
Regards
Stefan

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Will,

Try to open the last working assembly, without editing and create an Alibre package file -> Save this PKG file locally on your computer.
Close Alibre and restart Alibre.
Alibre Home ->Now, restore/open the package file and save in a new/blank folder locally on your computer.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
This exact same thing just happened to me. An assembly I had been working on all day just up and decided to lock itself.

Capture.JPG

What's up, Alibre?

plaughter

I've been getting the same error. I "Save As" , find the file in the list and rename it.
This doesn't explain whats happening but I am able to save and recall my changes.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
In my case it was two parts that decided to lock themselves. I removed them from the assembly I could save the assembly no problem. But those two parts... now I can't even open them without getting this:

Capture.JPG

Since when did the permissions for the file change? I didn't change them.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
It was just something to check that would explain the 'read only message' - if that had got set, then it would be something to look further into. Just like I suppose you have already checked the permissions.

TimoCAD

Did you all Go though the latest Winblows10 Updates? As there are many Problems with that, for example the "Printers spooler crusher", maybe there is also a problem with the file system after updating... Hmmmhhho_O

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I'm not sifting through Windows updates. Everything else, literally everything else, is running without a hitch so I'm inclined to think the problem lies with AD. Particularly since there are other ongoing problems with it.