What's new

Problems with 3D PDF Publishing??

Problems with 3D PDF Publishing??

I can't get Alibre V10 Expert to publish a 3D PDF File. Was getting an error message... something about "cocreate..... module not found....".

Anyone else having this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!! :D

Ron

I'm not sure what would trigger this not to work but the error message is happening because a DLL file is not registered. Here is how to manually register and fix it.

Go to the program folder where Alibre is installed at, by default it is this location; C:\\Program Files\\Alibre Design\\Program. In this directory locate this file: PDFPublishUtils.dll.

This may next step may be different for Windows 2000 and Vista, but in XP - right click on the PDFPublishUtils.dll file and select Open with > Choose Program. Browse to C:\\Windows\\System 32 and associated the DLL extension with regsvr32.exe. After the DLL files are associated with regsvr32.exe, right click again on PDFPublishUtils.dll and select Open with, but this time select to open the file with Microsoft(R) Register Server.

Restart Alibre and you should be able to publish to PDF.

I am having the same problem, sometimes it will not call up the PDF it just skips the process and goes into hour glass mode and after rebooting I get the recreate error, I will try the procedure suggested in this post

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
PDF publish troubles

XP. To day I had to deliver to a costumer, first time after imp. of V10.
The pdf creator dosn't work.
First time I tryed a error form popped up, " please tell Alibre bla. bla." Retrying nothing happend.
Look up in the Post's and surprise surprise other have the same problem and RON have a description how to handle it.
RON it do not work the Microsoft register server throw and exception and tell the file (the .ddl) cant be found.
How to procede, this is urgent !! It is some peoples bread and butter.

k.r.
Oldbelt.

Do it right first time.

Ron

If it doesn't work by manually registering the DLL then I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling.

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User

Dear RON
Uninstall and reinstall what and where from.
I can't belive you mean the intire Alibre Expert !!.
Where to download 3D pdf creator from??.

k.r. Oldbelt

Do it right first time.

caduser1

I had the same problem today. PDFCreator stopped working. :x It was fine before today.

I reinstalled it but it still doesn't work.

Sent error messages to Alibre. Hopefully they will have an answer for us soon!

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User

To RON. I did the same as caduser1, with same negative result.
Are you sure the file you show the link to, is the 3D pdf creator.
Alibre download page tells nothing about PDF creator is a 3D publisher tool.
Thats why I in first instance did not downloaded that file, but asked you
where to get the 3D pdf tool.
I have sent the error message to Alibre.

k.r. Oldbelt.

Do it right first time.

Ron

I believe that there may be some confusion on this thread. The original problem was dealing with the 3D PDF (for models and assemblies) and not the PDFCreator (for 2D drawings and BOMs), of which registering that DDL fixed the original issue.

Since you are dealing with the PDFCreator and still getting the error message then you may have a corrupt install/upgrade of Alibre. You could try downloading and reinstalling Alibre as this may fix the issue.

The direct link in my previous post will bring allow you to download the PDFCreator. But you can also download the PDFCreator by signing into http://www.alibre.com and going to the Download section. The PDFCreator download is in the Right-hand column under the Additonal Files section.

If you are still having issues then you may want to contact the Alibre Customer support by creating a Support Incident. To do this, sign into http://www.Alibre.com and goto Support > Report Support Incident.

scarr

Hi Ron,
I'm creating 3D pdf's without a problem and I upgraded to V10 as soon as it was available. I'm using the functionality inside Alibre to do this, not PDF Creator, and it works just as it's supposed to. I would suspect a bad download/install of Alibre too, given the observations.

wathavy4

Alibre Super User

Exactly, Steve.
I suspect those who has a problem may have had Alibre upgraded online......if not so, downloaded Alibre installer might have had a problem.
..In my case Alibre 3D PDF publisher yet working fine.

scarr

Hi Toshi, you can call me Steve if you'd like. I've seen your name many times here in the forum and am very glad to see how widespread our user community is getting. It's very good to have you on board.

wathavy4

Alibre Super User

Thank you, Steve.
The forum exist in Japanese and there is no post since few months ago.
And I have a feeling that people in Nippon do conceive their technology by teaching us English for more than ten years and let us be mute and deaf. It's the goverment stratigy not to leak anyhing out from here.

Well, in my case, I steal technologie from this board, though. 8)
Best Regards. :D

caduser1

Specifically, the problem I am having is:
When I want to print a drawing to PDF, I click on the PDF Icon on the toolbar from within the drawing window, I then go thru the pop up screens for creating the PDF. After I complete that Alibre (or PDFCreate from within Alibre) tries to create the PDF, Alibre crashes, all the windows are frozen, and I have to ctrl-alt-del to shut Alibre down.
Thing is, this was working for me a few days ago. Don't know what changed to cause this problem.
I have filed and incident report but no reply so far. :cry:

wathavy4

Alibre Super User

Hi. caduser1.
What about re-installing every thing?
What I usually do for update is to uninstall all. Delete all related directories. Including 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\<User Name>\\Application Data\\Alibre Design'.
If you have done so, then I would be as mad as you might as well be. :roll:
When you will, you will lose settings and local repositories, so you may have to back them up before hand too.... ( which you are aware of I guess ).

scarr

Caduser1-have you tried using the Print command and then selecting Adobe PDF, or PDF from the selection panel? I'm not having trouble with PDF Creator, but using the Adobe PDF or PDF alternative might be a way around your problem. Do you by chance have another pdf application on your machine that might be interferring with PDF Creator?
One thing I did find was I get better print results with Adobe than I do with PDF Creator.