What's new

Proof That Geomagic Is On Par With The Competition

bigseb

Alibre Super User
When a Solidworks reseller uses models created with Geomagic Design to sell Solidworks then you know you've arrived. 8)

Attached screenshot shows a Mexican Solidworks reseller's use of my design to sell Solidworks.

The Facebook page can be visited here. Don't count on the image being up much longer as I have asked them to remove it.

Geomagic, you owe me one. :wink:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 52

H-L-Smith

I can understand you're asking them to remove it. On the other hand, if instead they attached your company name and website to the image, it might work for you. :D

When prospects contact you, sell them both your services and GMD instead! :mrgreen:

Cheers,

bigseb

Alibre Super User
fitzbond said:
It's still there.

I know. Seems they don't don't read their emails... :roll:

Mibe said:
Cool!

But how did you find out?

A GrabCAD user inboxed me about it. Gave me links and everything.

H-L-Smith said:
I can understand you're asking them to remove it. On the other hand, if instead they attached your company name and website to the image, it might work for you. :D

When prospects contact you, sell them both your services and GMD instead! :mrgreen:

Cheers,

That's not how I work. :)

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
This makes me wonder how many of our designs are being used to prominent a product with out our permission ( or even being compensated) are out there. :cry:

swertel

Alibre Super User
I've got stories on how a partner stole our design and ended up bidding on the proposal on their own, cutting us out of the bid. They did so by stealing our images of concepts we created. After that learning experience, anything we render includes our logo in a place that isn't easy to Photoshop off. It's Photoshop, so it's always possible to remove our logo from an image, but we do our best to find a spot that makes it as difficult as possible so the unethical company has to spend many hours doing so.

Drutort

swertel said:
I've got stories on how a partner stole our design and ended up bidding on the proposal on their own, cutting us out of the bid. They did so by stealing our images of concepts we created. After that learning experience, anything we render includes our logo in a place that isn't easy to Photoshop off. It's Photoshop, so it's always possible to remove our logo from an image, but we do our best to find a spot that makes it as difficult as possible so the unethical company has to spend many hours doing so.

that is very sad news :roll:

indesign

Alibre Super User
RocketNut said:
This makes me wonder how many of our designs are being used to prominent a product with out our permission ( or even being compensated) are out there. :cry:

Funny thing happened. Back several years ago I got the free (forever) Express version. I used that to enter the competition to win a full version. Modeled a captains bed for both my kids and used my design in the entry. Took second place and got me a copy of the full version. My bed was posted and all my pics of the design.

I walked into Grand Furniture last year with my now grown daughter and she said "Hey, there's my bed." With just a few changes there was an almost duplicate of my design being sold at a retail store.

Jim C

Sebastian,

Recently a friend asked me to be added to his network on LinkedIn. Apparently that requires agreeing to their terms. Reading "Section 2.2. License and warranty for your submissions to LinkedIn", it looks like you give them rights to use any submission for whatever purpose they desire. Could this be the way your work has been passed around?

Jim C