What's new

Publish PDF will not include 3D model

Have used Alibre for many years and had no problem publishing to PDF and including the 3D model. This new version, and my first time using it, the preview and published PDF will not include the model. The upper half of the page is blank but the header and text is as it should be. Went thru the help section and this forum to no avail. Any suggestions. Even saved the imported solid works file as a .prt file with the same results.
Thanx, George

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean by 'new version' ? (v2012 has been out for a while, v2013 is expected around March). Please quote a specific version and build.

Try another file - if problem is file specific can you post it here? Imported files can often be rather awkward, having non-obvious errors - try varying import settings.

If problem generic a re-install may be worth trying.

pdds

George

Both the preview and final publish are pdf files with the embedded 3D facetted image within. A number of pdf readers will not show/understand 3D data so make sure that you have the latest (or recent) version of adobe acrobat reader.

I use Foxit reader alongside Acrobat and I know that it just shows a static image.

Simon

Thanx for the quick comeback. This version is ver.14 in 64 bit. Actually went back to my other computer, v12 and did the pdf with the same files and text with no problems so I assume I am missing something with v14. I also assume if it wasn't the correct version of the pdf software to work with the 64 bit v14, it would not be allowed under the file menu pulldown.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe you need to install PDF Creator - though I thought that was only used for 2D PDFs.

Thanx again for everyone's help. Figured out the real problem. Apparently this is for windows 8. This new operating system uses Microsoft Reader as the default PDF reader and it does not function with AD to publish a pdf file. Had to download the latest Adobe Reader XI. Then go into the control panel--programs--default programs---associate a file type---select .pdf---double click and change association from Reader to Adobe Reader. Now works as it is supposed to, to publish to PDF. Hopes this helps someone else
George