What's new

question on combining all components in an assembly.

dean448

when you add components to an assembly those components show up as three items in Bambu Studio slicer. Which is handy because it allows you to colorize each component.
My question is can you combine all three in Alibre so they come over as one component? I understand that I can also combine them in the slicer. thanks

Attachments

• slicer showing three components.jpg
    slicer showing three components.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Alibre showing three components.jpg
    Alibre showing three components.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 12

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
An assembly Boolean with all parts set as 'blanks' will generate a single part that is the sum of the components.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
No - Boolean functions are not supported in Atom3D.

It does help if you mention the product level that you question refers to.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
ok can I perform that function in Alibre Atom3D V27?

I'm only asking this question out of curiosity, because there have been requests in the past to add a "Using Alibre Atom" subforum, just below "Using Alibre Design".

If you had seen "Using Alibre Atom", would you have posted your question there, rather than here?

I've long thought that this might work better than expecting new members to create a custom signature, specifying that they are an Atom user.

dean448

That would help when you have the lower featured product. I knew it doesn’t do Boolean but I just wanted to confirm that I wasn’t missing something, since I have that feature in my free slicer. So it doesn’t seem like a premium feature. Adding product licensed to the profile might also help. Thanks for the quick reply btw.