What's new

Question on putting fillet on edge.

Rowland

I want to put a cut arround an edge of a piece to fit it on the bottom part. I thought I saw trace command but I can't find it. This is like putting a lid on a jar.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
If you want to apply a fillet then the icon for that is on the ribbon at the top of the workspace.
Trace is used to trace an image that may be imported into the workspace.

Rowland

I don't want to just taper the edge. I want to cut out around the edge. Like I am running a mill cutter around the edge so the part fits onto a part that I have hollowed out.

Stu3d

If you want to create a slot in the lid draw a sketch and use the extrude cut command.

Rowland

If you want to create a slot in the lid draw a sketch and use the extrude cut command.
I have done that. I want the top to sit on a rectangular part that has been hollowed out.. I think I maybe have to make two parts and joined them together.

Ex Machina

I have done that. I want the top to sit on a rectangular part that has been hollowed out.. I think I maybe have to make two parts and joined them together.
Nope. You don't have to do that. And in fact, it's not best practice to do that. A rough hand sketch would help us send some sample parts your way.