What's new

Question regarding the Grid in Sketch mode in Atom3D.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Ah - my fault, forgot that some things don't work in Atom - see image - uncheck Display Grid.

Attachments

• AtomGrid.jpg
    AtomGrid.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 47

mkc2862

Done that already David. The grid is gone when the sketch mode is deactivated, but is back when in sketch mode...thanks for your replies.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps try re-setting user profile (from link on Utilities Tab of Home Window). You'll likely then have to turn grid off again, as its default I think is ON. User profile can sometimes get corrupted and lead to some odd behaviours.

Did you check setting in BOTH locations shown in the picture?

mkc2862

Perhaps try re-setting user profile (from link on Utilities Tab of Home Window). You'll likely then have to turn grid off again, as its default I think is ON. User profile can sometimes get corrupted and lead to some odd behaviours.

Did you check setting in BOTH locations shown in the picture?

Hi David,

I did check both settings. I tried all turning it off and on again, then resetting my profile and doing the same. I've found a work-around by changing the grid colour to match the background.

Michael

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the grid is always on in Alibre Atom3D. I'd have to confirm, but I'm 90% sure.

mkc2862

I believe the grid is always on in Alibre Atom3D. I'd have to confirm, but I'm 90% sure.

I think you're right Max. I couldn't get it to snap to the grid either. No matter, I don't want it to snap to grid, and I found a work-around to make the grid invisible.

Michael

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Michael,

Please check again, as David already noticed, you can deactivate the grid:

Grid_OFF.png .

mkc2862

Hi Michael,

Please check again, as David already noticed, you can deactivate the grid:

View attachment 27724 .

Hi Ralf,

I did try it againjust now. I have tried all sorts of things like regenerate the drawing after making the change and also shutting down and restarting the program, but nothing has made a difference.

Even changing the spacing doesn't work. That's not important, but I tried it to see if anything worked there.

Regards,

Michael

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Has been mentioned already - but just to be absolutely clear - there are separate sketch grid settings for 2D drawings, and for 3D Parts/Assemblies. Both accessed from System Options.