Should we do this for the constraint dialog

• Yes

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Could a keyboard shortcut be defined for "Accept" or would the programming be too difficult to make that happen?

Hi Lew, yes, I've seen that post.
Hi Timo -- The "thought" behind my concept is that in most of the west "right" is "correct," "left" is "wrong," which leaves (to my thinking) "middleI" for "reverse." At least that was what leapt into what's left of my mind (butt I believe in the square root of -1). -- Lew

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Hey Timo -- I have been "asking for" a simple mouse button way of dealing with Constraints (as I hate chasing about to accept, reject, or reverse a Constraint). I believe that it should be a "user choice" setting, but my "default" would be: RMB for accept, LMB for reject, and MMB for reverse -- but that is just me. -- Lew
Then what would someone do to navigate in 3d and view the results of their selections before committing them?

Then what would someone do to navigate in 3d and view the results of their selections before committing them?
Hi Nate -- Whereas I suggested my "proposal," I requested that it be a user assignment and only use me "suggestion" as a "default setting." When have I not requested user assignment of such "values?" -- Lew

jc-s

Me too! Especially confusing is that now an Ok button shows up there if editing a constraint. Should an Apply button when creating and the Ok button when editing.

And me! When using the new constraints I initially couldn't work out why all the constraints that I had added vanished. It turns out the "Close" button is really a cancel and doesn't apply anything. I understand the concept, but it really isn't intuitive.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
A bit late to the party but I voted no. Regardless of whether there are 1 or 2 selections clicking in a blank work area should always clear all selections. That way it ties in with the measure tool. Creates consistency across the software.

Reactions: JST

Drutort

As far as selection and having the constraints go faster, what if giving users the option to toggle on/off in the settings ? and make both camps happy?

Last edited:

Drutort

And me! When using the new constraints I initially couldn't work out why all the constraints that I had added vanished. It turns out the "Close" button is really a cancel and doesn't apply anything. I understand the concept, but it really isn't intuitive.

I also thought that the close/cancel are confusing... I would make a constraint or edit, and stare at the cancel? I would be like, did I not commit that constraint? LOL

it should be, if I check the mark, meaning accepted the constraint, it should say close, not cancel... cancel should only stay if I did not commit the constraint/ or edit of constraint

Drutort

another idea, when editing constraints, would it be possible to zoom into a "fit" window of the constraining objects? so that if you have a large asm, your not lost as to where your constraints are at and you don't need to zoom in out searching... have it a toggle option in settings. I find this useful in other cad/cam software, where it brings me to the area of interest.

Something to the effect of when you go and edit a sketch, your zoomed into the working plane and it fits the window, similar idea would be great for the constraints, just maybe with extra held/pressed combo button?

Sometimes in a complex asm, with small features its hard to trace and find the selected constraints, if doing a zoom to fit window/ iso view or some user predefined setting, it would save a bit of time and even help remind what was done really fast

maybe even do some kind of a flash/blink on/off with a user set color of said faces/surfaces/edges (bold line if edges) to get our attention?

I think the issue with visualization is more to do with when the features are edges or really small/thin faces, having a visual exaggeration of them would help, maybe set a max pixel size or multiplier in the settings of things if they are x size?

Last edited: