What's new

Reassociate Repositories

jpulliam

Reassociate Repositories

I keep my files of all types on a separate local drive, including my repositories. I have had to reformat my C drive and reinstall AD V8 and need to figuire out haw to get it to realize where my repositories are and then access them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jim :cry:

barrykingwill

I have done it by mistake before when installing V8, and Alibre could not find the repositories (after I deleted them). Alibre then asked for the location, and you could browse to the location.

However I cannot remember the details, so would consult Alibre Support on this.

Willbur

The locations of the repositories is stored in an xml file called LocalRepositories.cfg - your best bet is to search for this file as the location may vary depending on your operating system. In XP the file is:

c:\\documents and settings\\username\\application data\\localrepositories.cfg

where username is your username on the system.

Each line (between the headers) is a separate repository - you should have one sample one in there already for the default repository that you can just copy and modify to attach your other ones. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, have an AA walk you through the process.

mr.ska

I've been walked through said process. It's quite easy, and gave me my repositories back inside of 5 minutes. I now keep a backup copy of my localrepositories.cfg file just in case.