What's new

Recent update for Alibre 12

djfulford

The recent update was meant to deal with problems in Equation Editor. It seems to have introduced a new one: when I try to modify a dimension name it crashes. The firs time it crashed, it managed to corrupt my Windows profile.

A

Anonymous

Would you please upload the part that contains the dimension you renamed? What did you rename the dimension to? Does this reproduce consistently?

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
djfulford said:
The recent update was meant to deal with problems in Equation Editor. It seems to have introduced a new one: when I try to modify a dimension name it crashes. The firs time it crashed, it managed to corrupt my Windows profile.

I hammer away in the equation editor and I get this with extensive entries. By crash I suppose you mean hangs up. But my windows profile is fine.

- Ryan / development is on this though.

Also with the recent update (installed yesterday)----cannot edit dimensions, nothing will enter. Is it possible to go back and uninstall the update? I tried the windows restore but got a number of error messages from Alibre and the software would not load. Had to unrestore the restore just to get the program to open. Any help would be appreciated.
George

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a copy of the previous installer, you can uninstall the present software, re-boot and run the old installer.

Thanx for the quick replies. Current version is Date: Friday, March 16, 2012 12:17:12 PM
Alibre Design™ Professional 2012
Alibre Design Version:[ PRODUCTVERSION 14,0,2,14052 ] 32-bit

The installer I have is for 2011. I will do some research on the web site to see what is available.

Thanx again
George

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The one on the web site will be the latest build of whatever version you are at.

There was a change of licensing server/software just prior to release of v2012 - going back from 2012 to 2011 would likely need assistance from Alibre tech support. Going back to an earlier build of v2012 (if you have the installer) should be straightforward. BUT it seems you have a significant issue that others are not seeing. I'd suggest ;-

1. check that the issue isn't related to a specific file

2. uninstall - re-boot - re-install the latest version, you might have been unlucky with your previous install.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
RocketNut said:
What is the current version of Alibre?
Please check:
Alibre Home Window -> Menu -> Help -> Check for Updates...
(The current version is: 14,0,2,14052)

A

Anonymous

RocketNut said:
What is the current version of Alibre?
14052 is the build number for Alibre Design 2012 SP2

custommetal said:
Also with the recent update (installed yesterday)----cannot edit dimensions, nothing will enter. Is it possible to go back and uninstall the update? I tried the windows restore but got a number of error messages from Alibre and the software would not load. Had to unrestore the restore just to get the program to open. Any help would be appreciated.
George

We have not received any other reports of this problem. Its possible that your update did not go through properly. I would uninstall and redownload/install from the alibre website. Please let us know if the problem persists.

David and Ryan, thanx for the comeback. The issue is not file specific, does the same thing with any previous file or even a new blank file. I will go the uninstall/reinstall route now and keep you posted.
George