What's new

Rectangle by Center & Rectangle dimensions in Expert

Stu3d

I watched Ex Machinas latest video on speed modelling.
In a sketch when constructing a Rectangle By Center the dimensions are of the overall size.
When I use this tool the dimensions are from the centre point to ann edge which means I have always had to divide both my dimesions by 2 before using the tool, so annoying it has put me off using it in the past.
I can find nothing in settings. I have searched forum. I have looked in Alibre online help to check whether it has been changed after V23.
Any ideas please?

Why does the basic Rectangle by 2 points not have live dimensions like the above tool so I can type one dimension and then hit tab to enter the other one? I always have to go back and dimension the sides afterwards.

Sorry for such basic questions.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
The changes were made in Alibre Design V25

Rectangle by 2 and 3 Points​

These two rectangle types now have a UI similar to the Center-Point rectangle and dimensions can be added in realtime.

Rectangle by Center Dimensions​

Real time dimensions during figure creation used to dimension between the center point and the rectangle extents. Now, the real time dimensions reference the full length and width.

Stu3d

The changes were made in Alibre Design V25

Rectangle by 2 and 3 Points​

These two rectangle types now have a UI similar to the Center-Point rectangle and dimensions can be added in realtime.

Rectangle by Center Dimensions​

Real time dimensions during figure creation used to dimension between the center point and the rectangle extents. Now, the real time dimensions reference the full length and width.
Thanks for the reply, that makes sense. Another good reason to renew my maintenance!
Alibre need to update the V27 help although it's a minor detail.