What's new

Reference geometry goes big after shell.

anson

This part was made in an assembly then opened as a part to do a shell function. The problem is every time I add a shell the reference planes get gigantic.

Here it is small.
upload_2020-11-20_7-15-0.png

Here it is big.
upload_2020-11-20_7-17-1.png

If I scroll out as far as I can I still can't see the edge of the plane.
upload_2020-11-20_7-18-16.png

What is going on?!

anson

Changed that setting but it didn't help. Here is the part in case anyone wants to look at it.

Attachments

• limitswitch.AD_PRT
    604.5 KB · Views: 6

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Whoa, that's an issue. I've never seen that before. The default planes seem to go out to infinity when I apply the shell. Seems like it is working opposite of the "Force consistent reference geometry sizes" setting.

anson

But if you change the setting it still acts the same. I don't think that has anything to do with it.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Chaps, its acting weird because the part is (somehow) corrupted. When AD goes screwey also use the 'check part' function!!!

Capture.JPG

As you can see there's a problem with a face and that will have a knock on effect. What's causing the corruption? I can't say, haven't looked at the part beyond seeing why the OP was seeing what he was seeing (excuse the grammar, its been a long day and I'm knackered). If I find something I will post it here. Bottom line: use the 'check part' function, it's really useful. :)

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Have a look at sketch 2. It doesn't tie up with extrusion 1. There is a step going from extrusion 1 to extrusion 2.

anson

Thanks. I reapplied the fix myself that way maybe I'll remember to check for something like that should it happen again.