What's new

RepRap Ormerod 3D Printer Kit

ajayre

Alibre Super User
Kunstmaan said:
Be aware it can only print models who have a firm basis.
It cant print objects 'floating' in the air.

There will be an upgrade kit available for three print heads. With that you can use PLA as a support material for ABS or HIPS as a support material for PLA.

Andy

danconine

You can select an option for "supports" in the slicer config (Slicr3) and it will create supports (various options) for things that hang in the air. It makes you think about what orientation you want to print a part to minimize supports.

Still working out some other issues, but the printer is better than I expected for the price. (I got a RepRap Mendel type from eBay, fully assembled around 550 with shipping from China).

Alexander

Been thinking of buying a small 3d printer for a while, this has just made my mind up.
Going to order one, out of stock at the moment.

Thanks guys. :D

danconine

You're welcome.
I'm having an issue with a thin section (A wheel rim center) that the printer/slicer just doesn't seem to see. I will probably have to thicken it up just to make the STL and print it. I can't seem to wrap my head around the export configuration terminology yet. The printer makes supports for the bolt pattern, but the hub ends up isolated from the rim. Other than getting the temperatures right and the feed roller tension adjusted, I think this is the kind of issue that will be showing up. Trying to set up which view to print is interesting, as well as slowing down the print for long verticals so they have time to cool.