What's new

REQUEST: Using multiple annotation styles in one drawing

albie0803

Alibre Super User
A drawing has a set style, but it isn't set in stone. Define the styles you want and when ready, alter the styles of the selected annotations.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I have multiple sheets in a single drawing file... how can I make the first one style and the other another style? This would be so much easier if connected to the dimension style.

Nate -- In your File Properties (<Alt><Enter> shortcut) you have Dimension settings. You can select one of your styles as the default. It stays that way until you select another style as the default. You will have to change your default style for each sheet as you work.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I understand that part for dimensions. I'm looking at how to have different annotation styles. For example If I change:

File > Properties > Annotations > Annotation Options > Type then every annotations in the entire drawing changes - except for those that were individually manually altered first. :roll:

File > Properties > Annotations > Annotation Options > Width and Length change every single annotations in the file and I see no way to individually manually alter that. :roll:

File > Properties > Annotations > Annotation Options > Font none of the existing annotations change. :roll:

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Nate,

We use different templates for "each" sheet:
1. Template -> Custom. dimension and anotation settings... -> ISO A4-1
2. Template -> Custom. dimension and anotation settings... -> ISO A4-2
3. Template -> Custom. dimension and anotation settings... -> ISO A4-3