What's new

Resources

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Max,

The new resources section looks interesting. What is the upload limit for this new forum? The old forum had a limit of 2Mb iirc which would be limiting in a resource centre...

VoltsAndBolts

I have been away for several months, and I see a lot has changed. Can you point me to a thread that will clue me in on "the new Alibre Team acquired Alibre."

Thanks,
Rob

• Alright kiddies I have started posting my Libraries to the Resources section. To be clear, I use Libre Office Calc as my spreadsheet. I have been using it since the late-1970's and do not have the "legacy problems" I have experienced with Excel. The only time I use Excel (xlsx) format is with WizoScript (and I wish there were a way around that!). In essence, I try to provide all relevant selection data in my Selection Index sections. As one example, I color code "standard hardware" as being readily available (green background), generally available (yellow background), or generally unavailable (brick-red background) in the Selection areas. [I am colorblind to red, so my "choices" there are often pretty poor.]
  • In any case, let's build the most useful set of (Alibre) CAD Libraries ever seen!

Hi "Kiddies" -- More stuff posted in Resources. (1) I use pencils with erasers for the obvious reason. [I have never once made a misteak -- 50,000 times maybe, but never once!] The best way to reach me (when you find something that needs improvement or is a misteak) is by e-mail to tangent@olympus.net. Go ahead and post it here (Lew's an Idiot seems like a good category title), but having it land in my inbox will get my attention in more depth!

I do hope that you are all looking at my "Resources" postings. I admit that nearly everything I post has a "Begware" request embedded in it. That is that, If you find this useful, please go to PayPal and "buy me a beer" (or social equivalent). Had some friend stopped by and given you a "hand" with your "task," you would have certainly "bought them a beer" for such assistance. I think this is a policy that we should encourage!

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Reading this I am ashamed to admit I haven't even looked at that page yet. Life has been hectic as of late...

Who here has fair knowledge of the various specifications regarding IC Package sizes and shapes. I have a moderate collection of such things that make packaging of Printed Circuit Board Assemblies easier and more accurate. I would like to expand said collection.

oldfox

Alibre Super User
This list doesn't list the dims and other such goodies, but it is a good index for you to find all of the dimensions.
The manufacturers usually have dims on their websites if you look up the physical property charts.

Hope this helps.